Beginning Sunday, June 18, through Saturday, October 21, 2023, a small portion of our light rail line (MAX) will be shut down and replaced with shuttle buses between the Gateway/NE 99th Ave Transit Center stop and the Portland International Airport (PDX), due to construction associated with a system improvement plan. When operating normally, the MAX Red Line takes riders straight from the airport to downtown or from downtown to the airport. Attendees can still take the MAX Red Line to/from the airport, as shuttle services will run between the two stops about every 15 minutes. TriMet staff will also be on-site to assist. Normal MAX service will run between Gateway Transit Center and Downtown. An explanation of this portion of the project can be found here.
For travel from the airport to downtown:
- Attendees will board a shuttle bus at PDX (near baggage claim) that takes them to the Gateway Transit Center stop.
- At Gateway Transit Center, attendees will board the MAX Red or Blue Line toward Portland City Center.
- Attendees will get off at the Convention Center stop and walk 0.5 blocks to the Hyatt Regency.
For travel from downtown to the airport:
- Attendees will walk 0.5 blocks to the Convention Center MAX stop.
- Attendees will board the MAX Red or Blue Line toward Gresham or the Airport.
- Attendees will get off the train at the Gateway Transit Center and board a shuttle bus that will take them to PDX.
375 NE Holladay Street
Portland, Oregon, 97232